Election results from the 2012 Georgia General Election
are now available.
Steps to Becoming an Elected SWCD Supervisor [Supervisor elections were held with the 2012 general ballot.
2. Collect 25 signatures from qualified registered voters in your county
3. Turn in a completed petition to your local elections officials (you must have returned your petition to your county's Elections Superintendent no later than 12:00 noon on May 25, 2012). Contact information for your local Elections Superintendent, can be download here:Election Superintendent 2012.
4. You were required to file a financial disclosure form by June 30, 2012 (The Ethics in Government Act requires each person who qualifies as a candidate for election as a public officer to file a Personal Financial Disclosure Statement within 15 days of qualifying.)
5. If your petition is approved, your name will appear on the November ballot
6. The candidate with the highest number of votes will be declared the new district supervisor
7. A GSWCC Regional Representative will issue an 'Oath of Office' to the elected supervisor
Steps to Becoming an Appointed SWCD Supervisor [Supervisors are appointed when an appointment expires during the calendar year.]
1. Obtain an appointment form from your GSWCC regional office, your local district, or the GSWCC website
2. Turn in a completed form to your SWCD Board Chairperson
3. The elected supervisors of the district will review all forms and submit three candidate recommendations to the GSWCC Board in order of priority
4. The GSWCC Board will select one supervisor for appointment from the three district recommendations
5. A GSWCC Regional Representative will issue an 'Oath of Office' to the appointed supervisor